Monday, November 28, 2011

I need to serve You better.

Dear Lord:
Today I have failed you, again, yet You still show me Your mercy in ways that I can not always comprehend at first.
I find myself in bad situations of my own making, and You reach out to me through a church community that overlooks my faults and only asks that I lend a helping hand.
I find myself getting angry at the world (and sometimes I can't help but say I am right in what I say) but it is only through You that I find the peace to forgive, though I may need some time to calm down first (which You also provide).
I find myself hurting those who love me, and You give me the gift of repentance so that maybe I can not hurt them so often.
I find myself feeling hopeless, and the thought of You and Your promises give me hope which I feel I do not deserve.
I find myself thinking I am intelligent, only to hear words of wisdom from a child.
I find myself thinking I am wise, and then make a fool of myself, but not for Your sake.
I find myself thinking I know what I want from life, only to find out I only know my will, and not Yours.
I find myself thinking I know Your will, only to serve myself.
I find myself thinking I am at peace, only to find I am at war with myself.
I find myself thinking I am protecting others from myself, when I have put them in the heat of my battle.
I find myself wishing for the gifts of the spirit when I am truly obsessing with my bodily needs.
I find myself not always content with where I am, thus forgetting You led me here for a reason.
I find myself unable to say thank you when without You, I am nothing.
In these, and more things, my Lord, I have failed You today.  My Lord, hear my simple prayer now.  Help me to serve You better.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment